- 1 lb. boneless top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 cup bell pepper, mix of red and orange, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup whole-kernel corn
- 1 can (15½ oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon course ground black pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup milk
Sour cream, jalapeno slices, tortilla strips, shredded cheese, avocado and cilantro
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Yields: 3-4 Servings
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté bell peppers, onion and garlic until the onions begin to turn translucent.
- Stir in corn, black beans and spices. Cook for an additional 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, heat a sauté pan over medium heat, add the other tablespoon olive oil.
- Season steak with salt and pepper; add to the pan and cook 3-6 minutes per side depending on personal preference for doneness. Time will also vary according to the thickness of the meat.
- Let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing into bite-size pieces. Pour the soup into bowls, top with steak and serve with desired toppings.