These guidelines apply to any party wishing to use the Noble Research Institute, LLC’s (the “Institute”) trademarks, service marks, or images. The Institute’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress (the “Institute Trademarks”) are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using an Institute Trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that the Institute is the sole owner of the Institute Trademark and promising that you will not interfere with the Institute’s rights in the Institute Trademark, including challenging the Institute’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Institute Trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of an Institute Trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to the Institute. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact [email protected].
Authorized Use of Institute Trademarks
- Purpose: You may only use the Institute Trademarks in furtherance of scientific, charitable and educational purposes. Use of the Institute Trademarks in any commercial or marketing context other than as expressly permitted in this Policy or otherwise agreed to in writing by the Institute is strictly prohibited.
- Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use the Institute Trademarks in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
- The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title.
- The use reflects favorably upon the Institute.
- Your name and logo appear at least as prominent as the Institute Trademark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
- The Institute Trademark or any other Institute-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on, or in the publication, or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from the Institute.
- A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of the Institute’s ownership of its trademark(s).
- Web Sites:Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning the Institute may use the appropriate Institute Trademark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 2 above.
Unauthorized Use of Institute Trademarks
- Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, the Institute Trademarks as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
- Institute Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Institute-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express, written trademark license from the Institute.
- Disparaging Manner: You may not use the Institute Trademarks in any disparaging manner.
- Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use the Institute Trademarks in a manner that would imply the Institute’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a product or service, unless the Institute authorizes such use, in advance, in writing.
- Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items with the Institute Trademarks, except pursuant to an express, written trademark license from the Institute.
- Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an Institute slogan or tagline.
- Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical Institute Trademark as a second level domain name.
Rules for Proper Use of Institute Trademarks
All use of the Institute Trademarks must comply with the Institute’s Branding Guidelines.
The Institute does not make any express or implied warranties regarding, in connection with, or related to its trademarks, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of any third party intellectual property rights. The Institute shall not be liable for any claims regarding your activities that fall within the scope of these guidelines, and you hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Institute and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents against any such claims.