Ingredients and Supplies:
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1-3 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (1 whole lemon)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1-3 jalapeños, chopped (optional)
- 1-2 pounds venison meat, cut into about 2-inch cubes (or duck, dove or other wild game if preferred)
- Red bell peppers – diced in 1- to 2-inch pieces
- Onions – diced in 1- to 2-inch pieces
- Cherry tomatoes, left whole
- Zucchini – cut in half moons ½-inch thick
- Wooden or metal skewers
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Mix the soy sauce, oil, ginger, lemon juice, honey, garlic, green onions and jalapeños in a bowl.
- Add the cubed venison and stir to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or longer.
- Drain and discard the marinade.
- Assemble skewers by alternating the venison and vegetables.
- Grill over medium-to-high heat; stopping at medium is best so venison doesn’t dry out.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
5 hours (including marinade) 4-6 serving