ARDMORE, Okla. — Noble Research Institute announced the winners of the 2019-2020 Junior Beef Excellence Program on the Junior Beef website, forgoing the awards program this year due to COVID-19 precautions.
Twenty-five students entered 31 steers in this year’s event. The top 10 entries were awarded a total of $9,650 as part of the annual contest.
Laney Hicks entered this year’s champion steer. As the first-place finisher, Hicks earned $2,000. The second through 10th place winners are:
- Second place, Brock Dixon, $1,500
- Third place, Maddi Willis, $1,250
- Fourth Place, Calob Walker, $1,000
- Fifth Place, Emma Grace Moore, $900
- Sixth place, Lane House, $800
- Seventh place, Blake Scott, $700
- Eighth place, Mallory Easley, $600
- Ninth place, Nick Northcutt, $500
- Tenth place, Parker Garrett, $400
In addition to the carcass contest, students participated in a mandatory record-book contest this year. First and second prizes were awarded in three divisions: the junior division is fourth through sixth grade, the intermediate division is seventh through ninth grade, and the senior division is 10th through 12th grade.
The junior division winners are:
- First place, Rance Howard
- Second place, Zoei Linam
The intermediate division winners are:
- First place, Calob Walker
- Second place, Riley Mays
The senior division winners are:
- First place, Brock Dixon
- Second place, Parker Garrett