June 2, 2020
Understanding the Essentials of Grazing Management
Noble Research Institute
16877 State Hwy. 32
Marietta, OK 73448
9 am - 3 pm
CANCELED: In response to the developing COVID-19 situation, Noble Research Institute has canceled this event.
You’ll now need to sign up for events through your new Noble account. By clicking “register,” you will automatically be prompted to create your free account. You can also use this account to tell us more about your interests and communication preferences.
Learn more about creating your Noble Account.
Level 1: Essentials
Understanding the basic principles of grazing management allows you to make management decisions based on all of your available resources. The key to successful grazing management is intentionally developing and following your grazing plan.
Join Noble Research Institute consultants at this hands-on field day as we discuss the planning and management activities used at Coffey Ranch. We will demonstrate the basic principles of grazing management, which include assessing forage inventory, determining stocking rate and developing a grazing plan. We will also discuss the elements of a contingency plan.
What You Will Learn:
- How to define your grazing goals and objectives
- How to assess your resource inventory
- How to properly determine your stocking rate
- How to choose a grazing strategy
- How to establish a contingency plan
How You Will Learn:
- In-field discussion
- Hands-on demonstration, weather permitting
Who Should Attend:
- Producers who are new to grazing management or want to review basic grazing principles
What Should You Bring:
- Weather-appropriate outdoor attire
- Introduction to Land Stewardship
- Understanding the Impacts of Fire on Your Property
- Understanding Factors Affecting Calf Prices
- Managing Soil Nutrients for Pastures and Hayfields
- “How to Use Exclusion Cages to Better Manage Cattle Stocking Rates,” Noble Research Institute
- “Top 10 Misconceptions in Grazing Management,” Noble Research Institute
- “Intuitive Assessment Aids Stocking Rate Management,” Noble Research Institute
- “Pasture Management Plan Prepares Producer for Year, Noble Research Institute