August 27, 2019
Understanding Irrigation Systems and Technology for Pecans
Noble Research Institute, Entry 5
2510 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
9 am - noon
There is no registration fee for this event. Registration closes five business days before the event.
Level 2: Building
With the extreme environmental swings that we are experiencing, irrigation is critical for maximizing production and profitability in pecans. This course will allow you to gain a better understanding of different irrigation systems and the technologies you can use to develop irrigation scheduling.
What You Will Learn:
- Types of irrigation equipment that is available
- How to use technology to improve irrigation efficiency
- How to determine the proper irrigation schedule
How You Will Learn:
- Seminar presentations
Who Should Attend:
- Producers who use irrigation or want to install irrigation in their pecan orchards
- Improving Your Pecan Management
- Mesonet Pecan Irrigation Planner
- “Water Management in Pecan Orchards,” New Mexico State University
- “Pecan Water Requirements and Irrigation Scheduling,” University of Georgia Extension
- Josh Brown, Irrigation-Mart
- Michael Pippen, Jain Irrigation, Inc.