June 19, 2020
Understanding Factors Affecting Calf Prices
Noble Research Institute
18414 Dixon Road
Marietta, OK 73448
9 am - 3:30 pm
$25 registration fee, includes lunch. Registration fee goes up to $35 for those who register within one week of the event.
You’ll now need to sign up for events through your new Noble account. By clicking “register,” you will automatically be prompted to create your free account. You can also use this account to tell us more about your interests and communication preferences.
Learn more about creating your Noble Account.
Level 3: Advanced
Join Noble Research Institute consultants as they walk you through all of the decisions that go into making a cattle bid and discuss different marketing strategies. At the end of the day, you will get the chance to try your hand at pricing different sets of cattle.
During this workshop, you will learn about all of the moving parts of the livestock industry that influence the bids made by cattle buyers. By the end of this program, you should have a good understanding of the processes that go into cattle prices and what type of price you could receive when marketing your cattle. You should then be able to use that information to decide on the best marketing strategy for your operation.
What You Will Learn:
- How a calf price is determined
- What price slides and commodity contracts are
- How to calculate breakeven, cost of gain and value of gain
- How to choose the appropriate market for cattle
- How to analyze cattle and determine what price they should bring (through practice)
- How to evaluate your current marketing plan
How You Will Learn:
- Classroom discussion
- In-field discussion
- Seminar presentations
Who Should Attend:
- Cattle producers looking to improve their understanding of how cattle are priced.
What You Should Bring:
- Weather-appropriate outdoor attire
- Introduction to Integrity Beef
- Preconditioning Calves
- Designing the Right Livestock Water System
- Introduction to Land Stewardship
- Increasing Reproductive Efficiency in Beef Cattle