September 17, 2020
So You Want to Grow Vegetables
University Center of Southern Oklahoma
2901 Mt. Washington Rd
Ardmore, OK 73401
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
To register, please call the University Center at 580-319-0300.
The adage “practice makes perfect” is important to the success of any endeavor, including growing vegetables. Join Steve Upson, Noble Research Institute senior soils and crops consultant, as he reviews the various practices that growers need to master to be successful in growing vegetable crops.
During this course, you will learn about the many factors involved in the enterprise decision-making process. By the end of the program, you will have an understanding of the basic practices utilized in the production of vegetable crops.
What You Will Learn:
- Various practices involved in growing vegetable crops
- Specific types of equipment necessary for vegetable production
- Required management skills
- The foundational knowledge you will need to determine if vegetable production is for you
How You Will Learn:
- Seminar presentations
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals interested in specialty crop agriculture as a potential means to supplement income
- So You Want to Grow Pecans
- So You Want to Grow Fruit
- Building A Better Hoop House
- University Center of Southern Oklahoma