January 31, 2019
So You Want to Grow Vegetables in Your Backyard?
Noble Research Institute
2510 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
There is no fee for this event.
Each year, home gardeners use new methods to increase yields and minimize risks associated with growing vegetables in Oklahoma. This course is designed to introduce you to the many tools and techniques you can use to successfully grow vegetables.
At the end of the program, you will have a more complete understanding of the various practices you can use to grow vegetables in your backyard.
What You Will Learn:
- Different philosophies for growing vegetables, including organic, sustainable, conventional and real-world
- Options for growing vegetables
- An overview of necessary and optional equipment and growing supplies
- How to analyze a site
- How to prepare the soil
- When to plant
- Planting techniques
- How to feed the growing garden
- Irrigation system options and how to manage water
- How to control pests
- Crop-specific management guidelines
- How to extend the growing season
How You Will Learn:
- Seminar presentations
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone who wants to grow small and tree fruit in a backyard setting
- Backyard Agriculture
- Advanced Backyard Fruit Production
- Raised Bed and Container Garden Construction