January 29, 2019
So You Want to Grow Fruit in Your Backyard?
Noble Research Institute
2510 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
There is no fee for this event.
Producing fruit in your backyard presents special challenges, including limited space and lack of resources available to commercial growers. This course is designed to help you maximize resources available to you in order to grow small and tree fruits.
At the end of the program, you will have a more complete understanding of the various practices you can use to grow fruit in your backyard.
What You Will Learn:
- Orchard size considerations
- How to analyze/design a site
- How to prepare a site
- The importance of soil testing
- Criteria for selecting varieties
- Where to source plants
- Planting tips
- Irrigation system design considerations
- An overview of necessary and optional equipment and growing supplies
- Crop fertilization considerations
- Training and pruning guidelines
- How to manage crop load
- How to schedule irrigation
- How to manage pests
How You Will Learn:
- Seminar presentations
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone who wants to grow small and tree fruit in a backyard setting
- Backyard Agriculture
- Advanced Backyard Vegetable Production
- Raised Bed and Container Garden Construction