August 26, 2020
Preconditioning Calves for Success: Part 2
2 pm - 3 pm
There is no registration fee for this event, but you must preregister prior to the event for meeting details.
Understanding the impacts of stress on the weaned calf will help you strategically develop a preconditioning program suited for your operation and goals. Having a preconditioning program is a necessary component for your cattle to perform successfully after weaning and after leaving the ranch.
During this session, we will address weaning strategies that will set your cattle up for a successful preconditioning period.
What You Will Learn:
- Research related to weaning strategies
How You Will Learn:
- Online seminar presentations
Who Should Attend:
- Cow-calf producers of any size who precondition their calves before marketing
- “Nutrition and Management Considerations for Preconditioning Home-Raised Beef Calves,” Oklahoma State University Extension
- “Effects of Preconditioning on Health Performance and Prices of Weaned Calves,” Oklahoma State University Extension
- “Management Strategies to Reduce Stress at Weaning and Improve Calf Performance,” University of Nebraska
- “Weaning Management of Beef Calves,” Oregon State University Extension
- Paul Beck, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Animal Science, Dennis & Marta White Endowed Chair, Oklahoma State University