October 18, 2018
Pecan Harvest Field Day
Noble Research Institute
Red River Farm
19735 Redhawk Road
Burneyville, OK 73430
1:30 pm - 4 pm
There is no fee for this event.
You will see the process of preparing the orchard floor for harvest and observe pecan harvesting in action on the Noble Research Institute Red River Farm.
Equipment demonstrations will highlight the different types of equipment needed for a successful pecan harvest, including tree shakers, limb rakes and harvesters.
Pecan specialists will discuss the process of cleaning and marketing pecans. A question-and-answer session will address questions related to harvesting, marketing and orchard management.
What you will learn:
- How to prepare the orchard floor for harvest.
- Close-up look at various equipment needed for a successful harvest.
- Pecan harvesting in action.
- Demonstrations with tree shakers, limb rakes and harvesters.
Ways you will learn:
- Networking with experts and peers.
- Question-and-answer session.
Who should attend:
- Managers who want to see and evaluate pecan harvesting equipment.
- Managers who need to know more about pecan harvesting tools and equipment.
- Small- and large-operation pecan orchard managers.
- Hobby pecan farmers.