March 26, 2020
Managing Weeds and Insects in Your Pastures
Noble Research Institute, Entry 5
2510 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
1:30 pm - 5 pm
There is no registration fee for this event, but we ask that you preregister prior to the event.
You’ll now need to sign up for events through your new Noble account. By clicking “register,” you will automatically be prompted to create your free account. You can also use this account to tell us more about your interests and communication preferences.
Learn more about creating your Noble Account.
Level 1: Essentials
Pasture and hayfield managers face many challenges from factors over which they have no control. They do, however, have some measure of control over weeds and insects. There are many different approaches to pest management, and each producer must select the approach, or combination of approaches, that best align with his or her own philosophy.
The focus of this course will be on pest management following the integrated pest management principles and the responsible use of herbicides and insecticides.
This course is designed to acquaint new producers with and remind experienced producers about the fundamentals of and practical approaches to pest management.
What You Will Learn:
- Integrated pest management principles for weeds and insects
- How to identify common weeds and insects
- Proper management of common weeds and insects
- How to read a pesticide label
How You Will Learn:
- Seminar presentation
Who Should Attend:
- Beef cattle producers and producers who manage pastures and hayfields
- Understanding the Essentials of Grazing Management
- Managing Soil Nutrients for Pastures and Hayfields
- Introduction to Land Stewardship
- “Armyworms: What You Need to Know,” Noble Research Institute
- “Basic Keys to Effective Weed Management,” Noble Research Institute
- “Summer Weed Management Promotes Healthy Pastures,” Noble Research Institute
- “Proper Management Increases Weed Control Success,” Noble Research Institute
- “Top 7 Reasons Pasture Weed Control Programs Don’t Work,” Noble Research Institute
- “How to Calibrate a Boom Sprayer: 1/128 of an Acre Method,” Noble Research Institute
- “How to Calibrate a Boomless Sprayer: 1/8 of an Acre Method,” Noble Research Institute
- “What a Pesticide Label Tells You,” Noble Research Institute