May 9, 2019
Irrigating and Fertilizing Specialty Crops
Noble Research Institute, Entry 5
2510 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
There is no registration fee for this event. Registration closes five days before the event.
Level 2: Building
Specialty crop growers all too often guess when it comes to scheduling irrigation and fertilizer application. This is especially true for producers new to growing on plastic mulch, which can be a little intimidating considering the growing surface is covered by plastic film.
As challenging as it may be, there is no room for guesswork when it comes to irrigating and fertilizing specialty crops. To ensure water and plant nutrients are applied in an efficient, cost effective and environmentally responsible manner, application must be based on established guidelines.
Join us to learn about soil-water-plant relationships and the various irrigation scheduling methods you can use to maintain the proper soil-air-water balance necessary for crops to thrive. You will also learn how to properly match fertilizer application with the nutrient requirements of crops.
What You Will Learn:
- The importance of scheduling irrigation and fertilizer application
- About soil-water-plant relationships
- Various techniques for measuring soil moisture
- The proper techniques for applying fertilizer
- The importance of matching fertilizer rates with crop growth stage
- How to couple a fertilizer injector with an irrigation system
- How to operate a fertilizer injector
How You Will Learn:
Who Should Attend:
- Experienced market gardeners who are looking to improve efficiency in their irrigation and fertilizer use
- Managing Vegetable Crops
- Managing Fruit Crops
- Demonstrating Irrigation Systems for Specialty Crops