December 12, 2019
How to Get Your Wild Game from Field to Table
Noble Research Institute
2510 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
1:30 pm - 6 pm
$25 registration fee, includes dinner. Registration closes five business days before the event.
Level 1: Essentials
Hunting and an appreciation of the abundant game our lands provide are embedded in our lives. Bringing the gifts of our hunt from the field to the table can be one of the most rewarding experiences in outdoor recreation.
This workshop will demonstrate the skills necessary to bring native game from the field to culinary masterpiece. Your fellow outdoorsmen, Noble Research Institute consultants, will demonstrate proper post-harvest animal and meat handling for popular species of large and small game.
The workshop will conclude with a presentation of favorite recipes in a wild-beast feast. Come prepared to taste what nature provides and share your own stories and recipes with fellow hunters.
What You Will Learn:
- Proper post-harvest animal handling for multiple species of game
- Proper meat handling and packaging techniques
- Various cooking techniques
How You Will Learn:
- Classroom discussion
- In-field discussion
- Hands-on demonstration
Who Should Attend:
- Chefs wanting to learn how to prepare wild game
- Debunking Deer Management Myths
- Using Grazing to Manage Wildlife Habitat
- Understanding Backyard Agriculture
- Managing Quail, Dove and Turkey Habitats
- How to Be a Better Hunter