November 23, 2019
How to Build Raised Beds and Container Gardens
Noble Research Institute, Entry 2
Small-Scale Ag Demo Area
2510 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
9 am - 3 pm
$25 registration fee, includes lunch. Registration closes five business days before the event.
Level: General Public
There are many benefits associated with the use of raised beds and containers to grow specialty crops. Join us to learn how an elevated growing surface can be used to improve drainage and create a more favorable gardening experience.
You will have the opportunity to view various styles of raised garden beds and container gardens, learn about alternative materials available for bed and container construction, and discuss the pros and cons of each construction material and style of bed/container.
During the workshop, you will also have the opportunity to assist with the construction of two novel raised bed and container growing structures.
What You Will Learn:
- Benefits of growing in raised beds and containers
- Various techniques used in raised bed and container construction
- Tools and materials used in raised bed and container construction
- Demonstration of different styles of beds and containers
How You Will Learn:
- In-field discussion
- Hands-on demonstration, weather permitting
Who Should Attend:
- Market gardeners and hobby gardeners
What You Should Bring:
- Work gloves
- Appropriate outdoor attire
- So You Want to Grow Fruit in Your Backyard
- So You Want to Grow Vegetables in Your Backyard
- Understanding Backyard Agriculture