March 5, 2020
Beef Quality Assurance Certification
Noble Research Institute, Entry 5
2510 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
There is no registration fee for this event, but we ask that you preregister prior to the event.
You’ll now need to sign up for events through your new Noble account. By clicking “register,” you will automatically be prompted to create your free account. You can also use this account to tell us more about your interests and communication preferences.
Level 1: Essentials
Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) helps guide the daily ranch activities of cattle producers who embrace it. The nationally coordinated, state-implemented program is designed to educate producers on the importance of best management practices, such as vaccination and medicine handling and records as well as proper nutrition for each stage of production. Other topics to be discussed include the importance of a defined breeding program, biosecurity on the ranch, proper animal handling and carcass quality.
You can earn BQA certification by completing this program and a short test. The certification allows the industry to document to consumers that cattle producers are engaged and properly producing a safe, nutritious, wholesome product.
What You Will Learn:
- The history of Beef Quality Assurance
- The importance of carcass quality
- Proper vaccination practices and protocols
- The importance of a defined breeding program and genetics
- Proper animal handling
- The importance of record keeping
- Basic cattle nutrition considerations
How You Will Learn:
- Seminar presentations
Who Should Attend:
- All cattle producers
- Applying Beef Quality Assurance Practices
- Understanding the Essentials of Grazing Management
- Selecting the Right Fence for You
- Designing the Right Livestock Water System
- Introduction to Land Stewardship