April 23, 2020
Applying Beef Quality Assurance Practices
Noble Research Institute
18414 Dixon Road
Marietta, OK 73448
9 am - 3:30 pm
$25 registration fee, includes dinner. Registration fee goes up to $35 for those who register within one week of the event.
You’ll now need to sign up for events through your new Noble account. By clicking “register,” you will automatically be prompted to create your free account. You can also use this account to tell us more about your interests and communication preferences.
Learn more about creating your Noble Account.
Level 2: Building
Noble Research Institute consultants are taking Beef Quality Assurance to the ranch. During this workshop, you will see various demonstrations of and gain hands-on experience with all best management practices for working and weaning calves.
Beef producers looking to improve their best management practices and ensure quality beef products in the food chain should join us.
What You Will Learn:
- How to properly administer vaccinations (with practice)
- How to properly dehorn (with practice)
- How to properly castrate (with practice)
- How to properly ear tag (with practice)
- How to properly tail bleed (with practice)
- How to properly implant (with practice)
- Considerations for facility design (bud box vs. curved tubs) (demonstration)
- Proper cattle handling (demonstration)
- Essential operation record keeping
- How to evaluate cattle (demonstration)
How You Will Learn:
- In-field discussion
- Hands-on demonstration
- Classroom discussion
Who Should Attend:
- Producers who want to utilize best management practices to improve their ranch operations and the quality of beef in the food chain
What You Should Bring:
- Weather-appropriate outdoor clothing. Participants will have the opportunity to experience hands-on practice, so clothing could get dirty.
- Understanding the Essentials of Grazing Management
- Understanding Factors Affecting Calf Prices
- Introduction to Integrity Beef
- Designing the Right Livestock Water System
- Introduction to Land Stewardship