Noble in the Community
Noble in the Community encompasses the ways the Noble Research Institute engages with the community. Its purpose is to facilitate opportunities for the Noble Research Institute to enrich people's lives and build stronger communities through various community engagement programs:
- Youth Education Outreach, focuses on equipping young people with knowledge and experiences to help them become informed, critical thinkers and problem-solvers.
- Team Noble, hands-on volunteer opportunities that allow employees to participate in community service activities together.
Since its creation in 2014, Team Noble has become a recognizable force for change in the Ardmore community. Employees who choose to volunteer wear green "Team Noble" T-shirts and join together to assist with community events, bring cheer to veterans, beautify the community by picking up trash, and more.
Team Noble Activities
- Ardmore Soup Kitchen
- A2A Marathon
- A2A Trash Pick Up
- Botball Competitions
- Cities in Schools Corporate Fitness Challenge
- Food Resource Center of Southern Oklahoma
- Girls on the Run
- Gloria Ainsworth International Luncheon
- Habitat for Humanity
- Lake Murray Cleanup
- Toys for Tots – Parade
- Toys for Tots – Sorting and Distribution
- Veterans Center Visits
Team Noble Fundraising Efforts
- United Way
By the Numbers
In 2016, 210 employees contributed 2,672 volunteer hours through Team Noble.
Within its first three years (from 2014 to 2016), Noble in the Community invested nearly $200,000 into the community through employees' time, talent and resources. This number is based on the Independent Sector, which estimates the value of volunteer time in Oklahoma is $22 per hour.